Virtualization Problem Solutions
This section of Virtuatopia is dedicated to providing solutions to common virtualization problems.
 Xen Problem Solutions
- Windows Server 2008 Xen HVM installation fails - Firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI compatible
- Xen mouse pointer appears in the wrong position in VNC console
- Device not visible in Xen domainU guest when using xm block-attach command to add a disk or CD-ROM/DVD drive
- Xen domainU Guest has an IP address on 192.168.122 subnet instead of the subnet to which the domain0 host belongs
- Ubuntu DomainU Fails to boot with "Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Could not find bridge, and none was specified".
- Ubuntu Xen Guest (DomU) Hangs after EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode message
- Ubuntu Xen System Boot Hangs After Setting System Clock Message
- Xen domainU fails to boot with a "Xen Guest OS Fails to Boot with Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)" error message
- A Xen Guest OS fails to boot with a "switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory error message" error message.
- Xen CentOS/Fedora/Red Hat Guest OS Hangs During Boot
- Xen domainU Boot Fails with Invalid kernel / ERROR: Not a Xen-ELF image Message
- Xen guest domainU migration fails with Error: can't connect: No route to host message
 VMware Problem Solutions
- Windows Server 2008 does not recognize VMware Server Network Adaptor
- Windows Vista Crashes in VMware Server 2.0 with STOP:0x0000008E Error